Well, I moved to ADSL from this week. It is the first time that I configured ADSL router. Here is my experience with it. My router is DLink DSL 2540T.
1. Connect the router using Ethernet cable.
2. Type IP address 192.168.1.1 on the web browser.
3. Enter default user name and password as "admin".
4. Then you will get to the router configuration page. In this set-up page, go on following configurations.
-> Router type = PPPoE
-> Virtual Path Identifier(VPI) = 8
-> Virtual Circuit Identifier(VCI) = 35
5. Enter your ADSL user name and password.
6. Applu "FInish" and wait until router get restart.
7. That's all !